Grab your coffee, its time to pull an all-nighter & shop the long-awaited After Party Sale at Lilly Pulitzer! You all voted, and I’m SO excited to share my TOP 12 picks with you for this years sale! The items below are all pieces that I own from this years Spring & Summer lines that I absolutely LOVE! I know a lot of these items will sell out fast, so if you want them, go for them right away! My #1 Tip for shopping the sale is to find what you want the most first & checkout ASAP! Now grab a pad & paper and lets work on YOUR list!
- Kristen Dress: This is my favorite dress that Lilly has come out with this year! It fits similar to a “swing” style and is so lightweight & comfortable! It also features a super cute criss-cross at the top of the back! I plan to wear these dresses (yes I have all 3 prints!) well into the fall with cardigans & boots! Runs True to Size. My Size: Medium
2. Soft Pearl Shift: This dress is the perfect alternative to buying a classic shift. It is much more flowy & loose fitting in the body. Personally I think the silhouette of this dress is very flattering; I have worn mine more times than I can count! I would still purchase your normal size as the chest area does run true to size. The lace detail at the top is gorgeous, just bear in mind that there is no stretch to the fabric of this dress. My Size: 8
3. Jane Shift: Much like #2 this dress is looser fitting in the body but true to size in the chest! The Jane features gold detailing around the collar and down the center with a zipper that allows you to adjust the neckline! This past Spring & Summer, the Jane has been released in the print below & a few solid colors. I highly recommend ordering your normal size in this dress as well due to the no-stretch material. It is also important to note that this dress is Dry Clean Only. My Size: 8
4. Shay Dress: This dress is so simple and cute! It fits very similar to the Essie dress, with a ruffle down the neckline instead of buttons. The silhouette is really pretty and easy to dress up or down! The fabric is soft and comfortable, however this is a more fitted style. If you prefer the looser, swing fit you might want to pass on this style OR you may want to order a size up! My Size: Medium
5. UPF 50+ Luxletic 21″ High Rise Weekender Cropped Pant: This past Summer Lilly released these high-waisted leggings for the very first time & I think they were a smart move! So far I own the Gumbo Limbo print and they really are gorgeous! Not only do they fit well, but I personally think this style is much better suited for working out than the original, as I don’t find myself having to constantly pull them up! My Size: Medium
6. Isle Lattice One Piece Swimsuit: It’s no secret that Lilly brought back swim this year! I am sure several pieces from the collection will make an appearance in the sale, but I am just going to share with you my #1 favorite style that I own! I have the Isle Lattice One Piece suit in Shady Lady! I purchased 2 SIZES UP from my normal swimsuit size! Every suit I tried on ran very small! If you’re not sure of your size, size up! I love this suit because it gives you the perfect amount of skin and coverage! One pieces have definitely made a come back! My Size: 12
7. Finn Tee: This long sleeved pima cotton t-shirt is the softest & most comfortable top I own! I love them so much that I have 5 of them & still feel the need for more! These are true to size in the sleeves and run a bit boxier in the body! I love to wear mine with leggings so I prefer the over-sized fit! If you want them loose in the sleeves as well as the body, I would order a size up. My Size: I personally own both Mediums (fitted in the arms) & Larges (all over loose fit)!
8. Skipper Popover: These quarter-zip pullovers are hot ticket items in every APS! Available in several different prints, these are sure to sell out early! My Popovers are a staple to my wardrobe; this is the first pullover I ever owned that was super comfortable AND very flattering! If you don’t own a Skipper, grab one in the sale because Fall is just around the corner! NOTE: Popovers are also available in a style called “Captain.” (pictured below) When the new line of Captains were released early this year while I was still working for Lilly, I tried them on and they are cut a lot tighter than they used to be. FYI, size UP in the new Captain Popovers! Skipper Popovers run very true to size! My Size: Medium
9. Knit 5″ Callahan Shorts: I have never been able to wear Callahan Shorts until this year! I personally have a smaller waist and bigger hips, so the original design never fit me quite right because there was no stretch to the fabric. The Knit Callahans are SO soft, comfortable & way more flattering! I honestly can’t rave enough about them! They will be your new favorite pair of shorts! These shorts run 100% true to size! My Size: 8
10. Velour Lounge Wear: During the previous Resort season around Christmas time, Lilly made a line of velour lounge wear! The pieces included Jordynne Pants, Larina Zip-Up Hoodies, Robyn Shorts & my personal fav, the Elaine Robes! The velour material is amazing! It is the most silky soft fabric I have ever worn! These pieces came in both prints & a variety of solids! (Navy, White & Pink) The Elaine Robe is my favorite of the 3 velour pieces I own, and comes in 2 prints: Rose’ All Day & Ocean Commotion! As of right now the pants, hoodies, and shorts are still available on the corporate website, so it is unclear if the robes will be included in the sale. If you are wanting to grab an Elaine Robe this APS, I would suggest stalking the signature stores sales! I personally sized UP in my lounge wear for a more relaxed fit! My Size: Elaine Robe: Small/Medium, Jordynne Pants: Large, Larina Zip-Up: Large, Robyn Shorts: Large
11. Cashmere: NOW is the time for you to grab 1 or 2 cashmere pieces for Winter! Lilly’s cashmere can typically run you upwards of $200-$300 at retail cost! During the APS, you can typically score these beauties around 40%-50% off! However, this past year the cashmere quality definitely declined a bit from a Lilly employee point of view. It is still soft and beautiful, but does pill a lot quicker than it used to. That being said, I think the best investment pieces here are going to be the wraps! Be on the lookout for Harp Wraps & Terri Wraps as they will wear much nicer and longer than going for a cardigan! Personally, I get much more use out of my wraps: I own 1 Terri Wrap- Gold Metallic & 2 Harp Wraps- Paradise Pink & Berry Fizz! My Size: All the wraps are One Size Fits All!
The countdown is ON! I hope you find this guide most helpful as you create your “Must Have” list for the After Party Sale! Please feel free to comment or message me on my Instagram @karascupoftea if you have any questions at all! That’s what I’m here for! So tell me, what are YOU shopping for this year?!