I am SO excited to welcome you to “Kara’s Cup Of Tea!” This blog has been a dream of mine for a long time & I am thrilled to finally be able to share it with you! I have 4 true loves in my life: Shopping, Ice Cream, Traveling & the color Pink! If any or all of those things interest you, consider this blog your one-stop-shop from here on out! Now that we’re going to be seeing a lot of each other, lets get acquainted!
Here are 5 Fun Facts about me:
- I just recently started a brand new job! After spending the last year as an Associate Manager for Lilly Pulitzer, I decided it was time to make a career move! I now work in Marketing for a mortgage company! All through college I always said I would NEVER want a desk job…. but now I absolutely love it!
- In 2012, I had a full-time internship at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL! I worked for 8 months on the Entertainment Cast, & was even lucky enough to ride in the parades a few times! (Be on the lookout for a post on the Disney College Program soon!)
- I worked my way through college as a Wedding Stylist/Dress Specialist for David’s Bridal! This put a whole new reality check on watching “Say Yes To the Dress!” While this job was anything but easy, I learned SO much & have a new found appreciation for all wedding professionals! (I still love the T.V show anyways 🙂
- I LOVE to sew! I majored in Fashion & Costume Design at Towson University (MD), where I learned how to fit actors and models for productions & found a love for learning to sew! While I am still a pretty “simple sewer”, I love to make throw pillows, home items and even skirts for myself!
- I am a firm believer in experiences being a much better investment than anything you can buy! I have an insanely long bucket list of places I want to visit, so I try to plan at least 3-4 trips a year! Some are short getaways and some are a week or longer! Either way, I’ll always keep you posted on where I’m heading next & what you should add to your must-see list!
You can check back for a new update from me at least once a week, which could range from my current favorite products, to sales I’m shopping, all the way to travel tips & recommendations!
To keep up with me daily, be sure to follow me on Instagram! @karascupoftea
Talk Soon! XO Kara