Now that we have customization at our fingertips with Apple’s new iOS 14.0 update, its time to make your home screen personal & functional for you! While I admittingly don’t like change when it comes to my iPhone, this update is one I can get on board with! I was able to tailor my home screen to fit my daily needs & organize my apps for easy use! Widgetsmith is a great App you can use to change colors, and add personal touches to these updates!
- Download the Widgetsmith App from the App Store.
- Open Widgetsmith, and select what size Widget you’d like: small, medium or large
- Tap on the one you chose (ex. Small #1) and then tap on the big widget in the next screen to customize it.
- Scroll through all the different options & formats, tap the one you prefer and the customization tabs will pop up at the bottom of your screen! Note: *You can set specific images to be widgets on your phone, too. Save a photo of your fav quote from Pinterest, or a family photo to your Camera Roll & make it a widget so you can see it every day!*
- From here, navigate through to change your Location, Fonts, Tint Colors, Background Colors, and Time Formats. Have fun with this!
- When you’re finished editing a widget, click the size label at the top left (ex. Medium #2) to toggle back, and then tap the Save button in the top right corner.
- You will now see your custom widget on the list! You can click “Add Widget” at the bottom of the size section you want, and create as many you’d like!
Now, lets get your widgets on your iPhone Home Screen!
- Press & hold down anywhere on your home screen to edit. Your apps will start to shake & a small + button will appear in the top right corner.
- Tap the + button & scroll down until you see the Widgetsmith App, tap it it to open.
- Scroll through the sizes & tap “Add Widget” under the size you want to add to your home screen.
- If your #1 widget that appears is the one you want, you’re all set! Press and hold it down to drag it anywhere you like on the screen.
- If the widget is not the one you want to add (Ex. you made 2 small size widgets and want to add #2 to the screen, here’s how!) *Tap on the widget you want to change, it will flip around. Tap on the widget name, and it will bring up a list of all the widgets you made in that size. Just tap the one you want & it will change!
You can long press anywhere on the home screen to edit your apps & widgets! Just drag them around until you have a layout you’re happy with!
I hope this post helps you get the most out of the new iPhone update!