It’s that time of year again! The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale is officially kicking off this weekend in store on Saturday & Sunday! Starting around 8 a.m. on Monday, September 9th the sale will launch online! While lots of ladies line up at the stores to shop in person, the sale volume is HUGE online! When you log onto Lilly’s website at 8 a.m, you will be placed into a virtual line & await your turn to shop! This sale is not for the faint of heart, so before Monday approach’s, grab a notebook & Starbs because I am going to walk you through exactly what you need to do to ensure a successful shopping experience!
1. BEFORE the sale, save your credit card info to your Lilly account! This will ensure a much faster check out time, which will help you purchase everything in your cart! Just because its in your cart, doesn’t mean its yours; its not reserved until you completely check out!
2. Get in the virtual line on multiple devices! Get your iPhone, laptop, iPad all online and in line right away! You will want to go back and browse the sale again after checking out once, trust me! This way, you’re already in line to hop back in and shop a second time!
3. Make a list of style names & prints that are top priority! The sale section is huge and you could go on scrolling forever! As soon as you get into the site, search for the items you want specifically, add them to your cart & check out right away! Lucky for you, your other devices are already in line so you can hop back in and take your time scrolling for extra goodies you may want to pick up! Everyone ends up placing multiple orders for this very reason & shipping is always free! Make sure you don’t miss out on that one item you have to have!
4. Scout out the size charts ahead of time! Remember that all sales are final, so you don’t want to guess on your size! Look up the size charts for the style items you want before the sale (i.e. Marlowe Dress, Katia Shorts, Kristen Dress, Ritz Romper, etc.) and make a list of what size you are! When in doubt, order a size UP! (this is one of the perks of shopping in store, you can try on before you buy!)
5. Set yourself a budget and STICK TO IT! Ya’ll the FOMO (fear of missing out) is real, trust me I get it! It can be overwhelming reading the threads in the Facebook groups & seeing everyone post their sale hauls! I am here to tell you that you do not need 7 dresses, 5 popovers and 3 beach totes. Don’t get caught up in the crazy! I am all about treating yourself, but don’t blow your bank account! Set yourself a limit, and try to stick to it as best as you can! It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the hype, but you can’t return anything and buyers remorse is no fun!
6. Remember to shop small! While the corporate online sale is always at the height of the APS buzz, remember that most signature stores ship & would be thrilled to help you find your “desperately in search of” or DISO items! If you can’t find it on the Lilly site, or you would just rather give your money to a small business, call a signature store!
Happy shopping & best of luck in checking off your list! Please feel free to email or DM me any questions you may have regarding the sale! I’m always happy to help you in any way that I can!